First of all, our condolences to all those Bronco fans here in the great state of Colorado. Everybody is busily gearing up for this afternoon's Super Bowl festivities, but the season ended for the Broncos 2 weeks ago. Take it from a hard core Minnesota Vikings fan - life must go on, no matter how bad our teams embarrass us.
Secondly, a HUGE THANK YOU to everybody who helped us with our move. We have only been in our new house for 10 days, but we are already about 98% "moved in". Jo is straightening the office as I type, but other than that, there is not much left to do. Having Anna's room on the main level of the house has been an absolute joy.
Lastly, our trip to the NIH is in progress. We will fly to Bethesda, MD on Monday, February 13th, Jo will be seen once more by the doctors on the 14th, and she will be admitted to the NIH hospital on Wednesday the 15th to begin treatment.
Jo will be put on one of three paths, chosen at random. Since this is research, several people have asked if there is a "placebo". There is not. Jo's path of treatment will be made know to us when she is admitted, but she is not allowed to request one path over another.
Each treatment path is a slightly different form of immunosuppressive therapy. The medication will suppress Jo's immune system, hopefully allowing her bone marrow to recover.
Each treatment path would also require a slightly different length of stay, but 10 to 14 days is what we have been told to expect. The longest they have had anybody stay recently was 3 weeks. We have been told that the first couple of days will be like the worst flu you have ever had times 10, but Jo's body will quickly get used to the treatment and by the end of the first week, she should be allowed to leave the hospital during the daytime to see movies or do light sightseeing.
Jo will stay at the hospital each night until we return. She is then required to make an overnight trip back to the NIH to see the doctors at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months and once a year for the first 5 years.
We are extremely excited about finally having the opportunity to take action toward a solution. Jo and I both feel very confident that the results will be positive. The NIH has made great strides over the past 10 to 15 years with Aplastic Anemia and we feel very fortunate to have their services as an option.
9 comments:
Lot's of luck and love Jo, first saw you in Aberdeen(probably about 8 years ago !!!!) at the Treetops Hotel,and I had just started line dancing and was so scared to get on the dance floor for tuition.Glad I did as you were fantastic to everyone ;-)
Just wish you and your family all the best,love Gillian from Aberdeen,Scotland
You will be in our thoughts and prayers as always. We're so grateful to have the opportunity to keep updated on your progress. Stay positive!
So sorry about the Broncos, guess they 'missed the BUS'! Proud to be from Pittsburgh!!
Love, Evonne and Ron
ethomas1@adelphia.net
Jo & Tim,
Here in Tennessee you are in our prayers every day. You have been an inspiration to so many of us and you are ALWAYS SMILING!!
Hugs, love and prayers,
MJ
(Now, about football. . . VOLS, COLTS & BRONCOS - it was a tough year for this fan!)
Jo -
We are behind you 100% - sending you all the positive vibes we can gather while you are in treatment for the next few weeks. (will add a few extra prayers for good measure - that never hurts!) Hope you are able to come home soon.
Take care!
P.S. I am surprised you could actually find anything ever again after the move! Glad you are settled in. ; )
rms
Glad the move went well. You must all be exhausted.
Good luck for the treatment. I look forward to seeing how you get on. Fingers crossed all will go well!!
XX
Jo-
First met you dancing back in Connecticut west coast swing at Bill Cameron events. Congratulation on your bueatiful family. My thoughts and prays are with you for your journey ahead.
mlw
Dear Jo, Tim & Family,
For some time, now, I've been desiring to reach you folks.
For several years I have been involved in promoting health and wellness.
This past year I joined an incredible company, called "Forevergreen." In August,they started producing a product, called "FrequenSea," which includes marine phytoplankton, amongst other healthy ingredients.
Its obvious that you have turned to the western medical community, as most Americans do; but, I would invite you to take a look at these websites and see if they make any sense to you: www.whyplankton.com, [a 3rd party site]. On the left side of the page you can access a report, by Dr. Hugo Rodier, M.D., re his studies of our product; www.frequensea.com/jerryg is my site. On it you can click on the video, "Another Day." Please, check these out.
If you are interested in learning more about "Forevergreen," you can check out, www.forevergreenstand.com and www.forevergreen.org.
Anyway I can help, I'd be glad to. I am in the process of learning Reflexology and Jin Shin Jyutsu, as well.
Please, feel free to phone me, with ANY questions you may have, no matter what the time. When it involves someone's health, no call is too late, or -early, for me.
Thank you.
Yours, in Health,
Jerry Gayman
303.252.9592
email:jerryg@youngliving.org, or:jerggis@yahoo.com
hi tim and joe,and beautiful anna,so glad your all moved in,and getting settled.not sorry your team didnt win tim,sorry pgh all the way.i am praying hard for all of you,and glad that a decision has been made,thanks for keeping us up to date,continued prayers,love carol from steeler country
Jo and Tim,
I believe that things are sent to us for a reason. There was an opening in the NIH study for you because it was meant to be your spot. The "choice" must have been easier to make after that.
I will continue to pray for you every night. Anna is lucky to have such loving parents with a positive and proactive attitude about life. I wish you good health soon, Jo.
Tammy
London, Ontario, Canada
PS... Anna is the best-dressed, cutest baby I've ever seen (must have some good genes)!
Post a Comment