Due to a minor sore throat and some other "cold" symptoms, Dr. Alvarez recommended that Jo push tomorrow's shoulder surgery out another week. We are now scheduled for Thursday, September 13th. With this weekend being opening weekend of the NFL season, this short delay is possibly a blessing in disguise!
Jo's blood counts are a little off due to her cold, but for the most part they have been pretty good. Her platelets have been in the 150 range which is the bottom end of normal and her red blood cell measurements have been holding just below the bottom end of normal, but overall not too bad. Dr. Alvarez has sent a blood sample out to have Jo's PNH issue measured. Hopefully, we'll get results from those tests next week.
5 comments:
Jo, Tim and Anna
Hopefully this is just a little "hitch" step in the wonderful DANCE of life! Now that Anna is a big girl and attending preschool with other children, one of their favorite games to play is "pass around the colds". Mom must have been playing catcher.
Take time from your wonderful "comeback" day to rest up and regain more strength for the 13th.
Us dancing Guardian Angels are still in the looking circle and shining our little lights for your health and well being.
Loving thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery on the 13th of Sept. jam
Best of Luck and God Bless you during your upcoming surgery. You'll be in my prayers.
~Jim Sisneros
Jo-
Rest, drink plenty of fluids, and relax. Hot tea with lemon is great for a sore throat. I swear by Vicks Vapor Rub too!
I will tell you a story about my grandmothers remedy for a sore throat - I was actually subjected to this as a little girl - take one wool sock and fasten over a wet cloth wrapped around your neck. I am not kidding - it worked!
LOL! ;) rms
Hi there our thoughts are with you
Bunny
Hi Guys, I have tried for 3 years to get a message thru to-day my Grandaughter finally enlightened me. We have been doing at least 1 Jo Thompson dance in every class and I refer to your illness and tell everyone to think good thoughts ,well it must be helping ,because on Saturday Sept 22/07 I taught Victory shout an old but goody and my reason for doing it. After that dance was over Val Keller came up and told me how well you were feeling ,and that you had taught a workshop . Bruce and I are so pleased keep up the good work. You must have married the second greatest man because everyone knows I got the first and have had him 50 years this year. Our best to all 3 of you and thanks again for boosting my dance identiy when you took Jitterbugging overseas. All our love Bunny & Bruce Burton Stouffville Ont. Canada
Post a Comment